Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas came early...and more crap for the Christmas tree.

I was so stinkin' proud of myself for not spending any money on my Christmas tree I decided to {reward} myself by...spending money (oh the irony).
I went shopping, but just to the thrift store. I prefer to think of it more as a {charitable} donation, since my thrift store is a church run establishment...just doin' my part to help the world peeps.

Anywho, I frequent the establishment looking for {treasures} to take to the shop. But it's been awhile since I bought anything for myself...until today.

Wanna see some of the {gems} I came home with?



{Yay!}

This awesome, silver {teacup}





and silver {creamer}.



It's like they were just {waiting} for me to find them. I didn't even wait to take before pics. I just crammed 'em right into the tree when I got home I was so excited.
I also found these cute, little, chandelier light shades.



I have a {weakness} for lamp shades, especially the kind I can deconstruct and turn into {skeleton} shades...which I did with these.


Wanna take a {guess} what I did with them? Yup, straight to the Christmas tree they went.




And this {square}, silver platter and silver bowl.


You guessed it, {into} the tree they went too.




Oh, and some awesome {ironstone} dinner and salad plates...and a couple of {porcelain} platters. I have a fun and easy teacher/friend/neighbor gift in mind using these, so stay tuned. {Or maybe I'll just stuff them in the tree :)}

Wooden pears anyone? Everyone needs at least one wood {pear}, right? For {$.75} a piece I couldn't resist. Besides, they would look good in my tree.



A cool, {sheet metal}, magnet board



I actually like the backside better. You can see all of the rust and patina.


And yes, I am {considering} shoving this item into the tree as well.


Finally, the {best} find of all...a vintage, steamer {trunk}. It was only {$25} people. I've been staring at it since I brough it home. I think it's {fair} to say that I'm in {love}. I haven't loved anything this madly since Jason Priestly.




Merry Christmas to me! Isn't she {lovely}?




Now, you know that if my beloved {trunk} were smaller she'd be shoved up in the tree too. But since she is a bigger gal, I think I'll use her as a {coffee table} instead.



1 comment:

  1. Love the trunk! I did one similar and added casters...check it out :) http://whitecityproject.blogspot.com/2010/10/steamer-trunk-ottoman.html

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave comments, but please keep your spam to yourself. Spam scares me.